Wiper washer

My wiper washer motor ain't responding. Hasn't worked since I bought the vehicle a few months ago. Pulled the wiring connector at the washer motor and set up a voltmeter to read from inside vehicle while operating washer. Reads .3 volts, and varies up and down some. Is it supposed to be 12V or something else?

94 Blazer S-10 Tahoe, 4.3L, automatic.

Gas gauge pegs beyond sight when tank is full. I know the alternator isn't putting out 17V per the factory dash ammeter. Factory dash oil pressure gauge varies between ~28 psi at idle and ~68 psi on the highway, not right. Coolant temp gauge is within normal parameters. Don't know if related to previous, but thought would mention it.

Reply to
Jonny

12 volts

The oil pressure is most likely correct, all my S-10s when in good condition have run those pressures. After about 200K the idle drops to about 20. the highway cruise to around 55 psi., current truck as 295K on it. If it has the correct thermostat, water temp should fluctuate between 210 and 220 degrees.

As to alt. output, you have checked it at the output stud with a mulitmeter?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Thanks for input. Will remember later if still have the vehicle. I just want to know what I'm supposed to read at the hot input of the washer motor.

Reply to
Jonny