Wiring a tachometer to a Chevy van.

I bought a 1995 Chevrolet Camper Van on a G30 chassis.

It has a 350 V8 with EFI.

It has a tachometer on the dash board - but the wires on it are not connected.

Where do I connect the wires of this tachometer to make it work.

Note - there is a white wire coming from the coil (?) next to the distributor on the engine that does not go anywhere. When I ground that wire out the engine stops.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this setup or could you check the wires on your tachometer and tell me where they go?

Thanks, Harry

Reply to
Harry Everhart

That White wire IS the tach output wire DO NOT GROUND IT OUT unless you really want to buy a new computer. That said IF it is a factory tach in the dash it all is wired in the harness. IF it is an aftermarket then you need to find out it's wiring FIRST.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks Steve on the tachometer and the shop manual. What do you do with your G30 Van? snipped-for-privacy@everhart.com

Reply to
Harry Everhart

Mine is a GMC 2500 Conversion. Same van just different badges.

Reply to
Steve W.