Won the lottery in a matter of speaking about odds..2004 Silverado

Just the other day I while trying to load a equipment rack for work that my tailgate would not unlatch on one side. I had to load the rack up over the tailgate. The next day when I actually had time to investigate the problem, I removed the tailgate handle bezel and saw that the light blue plastic clip that held the latch rod to the handle had broken and the rod had come loose from the handle. During the day I was a near an O'Reillys Auto Parts Store. I stopped in and checked their rack that sold all the little do-dads that tend to break, such as door straps, lock buttons, press-in fasteners, etc. They had a package of assorted clips, but none where the one I needed to fix my tailgate.

Later in the evening, after work, I was on my way to pick up some dinner when I passed by a different O'Reillys. The parking lot was one that was extremely easy to pull into and back out of, and I had the time that I could actually talk to one of the store employees if I need to. I decided what the hell I would stop and look again. Of course they stocked exactly the same stuff. As I looked at the packages I notice one had been opened. My first thought was some damn SOB came in and stole what they needed instead of buying the entire assorted package. I picked the pack up and looked closer. It had in it, used with grease on it the clip I needed. For some reason whoever had opened this pack, stole what they needed but put a piece back in that I needed. The package had the correct number of clips, but one had been removed and replaced with one that did not come with it. There was a young black woman stocking and I pointed this out to her. Seeing that the pack was open she took it and gave me the used greasy clip I needed and threw the rest of the pack in her cart to be disposed of. I appreciated getting this part for free, but I do no think she ever comprehended how unlikely this was.

Seriously what are the odds?

Once are twice a week I get food from the certain small restaurant. At this place you order, pay, and they give you a receipt with a number and call your number when your order is ready. I went twice one week two days apart, and both days got the same ticket number. Last night after work I went and the number was the same as my radio call number #292. When I got the ticket as stared at it for just a moment, and the girl behind the counter asked me if the order was right. I smiled, let out a little laugh and answered that "yes, it's right. This just happens to be my radio call # and almost wanted to reach for my radio when I heard her say "292"". As I was saying that and making a gesture to my radio, that I was still wearing, suddenly squawked "blah, blah to 292". I had already left work and it was the only radio call I gotten all day, people normally call my cell.

I think I will play the lottery today.

Reply to
Dr.Smith

I went to a couple of estate sales today and just bought one book. Later that evening I was talking to my ex-girlfriend who lives 1500 miles away, and she remarked that her late teen son had bought a book that morning also. She did not know I had bought anything that day. I started to stutter when she told me what book he had bought. You guessed it! SAME DAMN BOOK. This was not a on the current best seller list either. The book was Homer's Odyssey. Mine was copyrighted 1960, her son's was copyrighted 1961. This is getting weird.

Reply to
Dr.Smith

Played lottery. Didn't win squat.

Reply to
Dr.Smith

You already won. LOL. The tailgate control rod clip was a biggy. They are not expensive though at the Chevy dealer. Also, I think the new ones are a different plastic in a different color. Maybe they will hold up better.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Comparing odds not value. I would have gladly not gotten the clip if I could have won the lottery instead:-} I would have had to drive across the city to get to the dealership. The "new/old" clip broke yesterday and I broke one of the plastic tabs on the bezel, so I have to go anyway. Not really ahead in any respect. Just an interesting. Maybe I will hit bigfoot when he runs out in the road chasing Elvis, on the way.

Reply to
Dr.Smith