WTB: Transmission - 5-speed 2x4 for 1988 or 1989 Chevy C1500 pickup

Want to buy a 5-speed manual transmission for a 1988 or 1989 Chevrolet C1500 2x4 pickup. I am pretty sure it is called a "GetrAG". Possibly a model NV3500. It's VERY confusing, because everybody tells me something different. GM said that they only made two manual transmissions for the "new" body style 1988 C1500 2x4 pickup - a

4 speed and the one we have, a 5-speed (with overdrive).

We will purchase a good used or rebuilt transmission. We will consider purchasing a wrecked 1988 or 1989 C1500 for parts. This is the grandson's truck - so we must get it back in running shape:-)

Location: Austin, TX

Gene

Reply to
Gene

check on ebay. a company out of phoenix sells remans for about 875 plus core. I am running the getrag or nv3500 that I got from them and it is still moving my truck forwards and back. Actually click the link below.

SID