Year by year equipment/options resource?

Well, it's time to replace the 1990 K1500 (165,000 miles, bent frame from its years on a farm, doors sagging for the second time, shocks shot, dented and rusted, etc.). I'd like to find an online resource that would answer some questions.

Such as:

When did they switch from TBI to EFI? When was the last year for a 350 c.i. (5.7L)? When did rear opening doors become standard on an extended cab?

The answers to these will prompt more questions, so an online resource would be great, but I'd appreciate any answers posted here.

- cj

Reply to
cj

I'm goof for one of those. The last year for the 350 was 99. Drive a 5.3 though, it will surprise the crap out of you.

Marc

Reply to
Marc

Check out these website forums also:

Such as:

When did they switch from TBI to EFI? When was the last year for a 350 c.i. (5.7L)? When did rear opening doors become standard on an extended cab?

The answers to these will prompt more questions, so an online resource would be great, but I'd appreciate any answers posted here.

- cj

Reply to
Ann Meffert

It's a long link and may need to be typed in if the link isn't completely hightlighted. It features some of the changes over the years.

Such as:

When did they switch from TBI to EFI? When was the last year for a 350 c.i. (5.7L)? When did rear opening doors become standard on an extended cab?

The answers to these will prompt more questions, so an online resource would be great, but I'd appreciate any answers posted here.

- cj

Reply to
Ann Meffert

Wow, thanks! That's pretty much what I was looking for.

Now for the inevitable spinoff question, am I correct in guessing that TBI was in use until the Vortec in 1996?

TIA,

-cj

Reply to
cj