01 Chrysler Van Problem #1

The bushing(s) on the front stabilizer have failed 4 times since 2001 (new). Any ideas?

Reply to
JR

I don't have a van, but I do have to replace the sway bar bushings in my Concorde about once a year due to the type of driving: It sees about 3/4 mile of uneven gravel road every week day (my commute to work). Does your van see a bit of uneven pavement on a regular basis? That's what can wear those bushings - anytime the front wheels are at a different level relative to each other and the rear wheels, those bushings are worked and are under pressure. I've tried OEM and aftermarket bushings including the polyurethane, and they are all about the same for longevity. I'm back to using the OEM's (which may in fact be polys for all I know).

I've often thought an enterprising company could make extended (extra long) bushing holders and bushings for the more "severe duty" usage applications. I've got a relatively unstiff (smaller diameter) sway bars on my Concordes (I own two). One of the favorite mods on the LH cars is to upgrade the sway bars to the thickest ones available (the one for the 300M Special). The problem would obviously be worse with a stiffer sway bar.

Bill Putney

TIME FOR YOU AND OTHERS TO THINK ABOUT OTHER VEHICLES OTHER THAN CHRYSLER CHRYSLER IS CLOSING MORE AND MORE PLANTS THEY ALSO KEEP USING THE SAME PARTS THAT THEY HAVE HAD PROLONG PROBLEMS WITH..

Reply to
Bentracer and Bentrider

Oh yeah. We live in northern Minnesota and the roads are terrible. Lots potholes and heaving (roads that is) this time of year. In fact I took the route that my wife drives daily with the van and I think I've found our cause. Thanks.

Reply to
JR