01 Town & Country Electrical Mystery

I own a '01 Town & Country Limited with sporatic electrical glitches. Just about everytime I drive the van some weird electrical glitch comes up, however, the glitch is usually different every time. Ex: used auto window down on drivers side to get mail, went to roll window back up and it wouldn't go back up. Shut car off, restarted it and window would go back up.

On occassion the auto doors will work, others they won't. Same with auto hatch. One day car would'nt go into reverse until shut car off and restarted.

One last item is that after the car is shut down a high pitch sound that gains in intensity then tapers off is heard from the engine block near the serpentine belt. The noise sometimes comes after 10 seconds, sometimes after 2 minutes, and lasts for approximately 5 seconds. It is not the cooling fan! as so many have suggested. Don't know whether it is related to the funky electrical problem or not.

From a novice's perspective it appears that either I have a ground issue or some type of module issue. I have checked the main grounding points and found nothing out of the ordinary. HELP! How do I troubleshoot this beast? Because it is a Limited it is loaded with electrical gadgets, e.g. auto temperature, dvd, traction control, 4 abs, auto ride, etc...which doesn't help my cause. Could the system be overloaded?

Reply to
Hamlet

The car has multiple grounds and one could be bad. Or it could be a flakey battery. Those are the 2 cheap things to try first.

Reply to
Art