'02 PT Cruiser fog/dash lights coming on by themselves

My co-worker has an '02 PT Cruiser. A couple times during the day, the fogs lights as well as the dash lights come on by themselves. This started about 2 weeks ago (seems like when the weather started getting warm). She has to go outside and turn them off. Sometime later they come on again. She has not experienced this problem with the car parked at home in the garage. I wasn't sure if i might be a switch shorting out due to heat in the car or not. I thought it odd that the fog lights would come on and not the headlights. i wasn't sure if on the pt cruiser if the headlights had to be on for the fog lights to work or not.

Reply to
mliddekee