'02 Stratus headlight bulb replacement

Am attempting to replace the headlight bulb on a 2002 Stratus. Followed instructions in the owner's manual...removed appropriate screws and plastic anchors, and gently pried the headlamp away from the fender to release another plastic anchor, but still cannot free the headlamp assembly away from the car. The assembly moves but seems to be caught on something around the fiberglass bumper. Afraid to put too much pressure in case I fubar something.

Before I give up and go to the dealer, what am I doing wrong? Many thanks.

Reply to
justlarry

If the 2002 is similar to my 1998, gentle prying should snap the light housing loose from the housing mount. Once loose, it should be possible to pull the housing out far enough to rotate the socket to remove the bulb.

I can't imagine what it would be getting hung up on.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

Thanks for the reply. I finally gave up and took it to my back-up shop, who replaced the bulb (using the one I had purchased) and put everything back together for me. Didn't get to ask the mechanic exactly how he did it, or what magic tool he used to pry the headlight out of there. Anyway, it's good to go for now.

Reply to
justlarry