04 chrysler Town & country power sliding door problem

I have a 2004 Chrysler Town & Country which "just" ran out of its warranty. It has 37,500 miles. The problem is that the right (passenger) side power door only opens about ten inches when the power button is depressed. When the door is in the full open position and the button is pushed, it closes and stops about in the same position. (ten inches from being fully closed).

Any ideas? I already checked for obstacles in the door track. The door is easy to open and close when done manually.

Thanks,

Billyboy1

Reply to
billyboy1

You may have a broken ground wire in the track harness that feeds that door. Disconnect the connector behind the b-post and under the sliding door and test for continuity between both ground wires. If one or more is open replace or repair that track harness. (I will Be back in a week, good luck)

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Reply to
philthy

Reply to
philthy

Glenn,

You were right on. I checked the wire harness with an OHM meter and found that the continuity broke at a certain point when opening/closing the door. I replaced it this morning, and it works fine.

Thanks, Bill Shatynski

Reply to
billyboy1

glad to hear that.