'04 Stratus keyless entry installation

Hi, group.

I am wondering how difficult it would be to install a keyless entry system in my '04 Stratus. I do have power locks. Is it very involved, and where would the parts install?

Thanks in Advance!!!

Dennis

sed55ATyahooDOTcom

Reply to
D. E. Smith

I priced adding keyless entry to my Status, and the parts were $250 from a dealer. An aftermarket system would probably be less. If you decide to have an aftermarket system installed, I would suggest going with an established shop with a good service record.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
Kirk Matheson

I recently had keyless entry installed in my 99 Caravan Sport for $139 total.Rick

Rick Yerke

101 William St snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net PO Box 392 Moscow Pa. 18444 USA
Reply to
Rick Yerke

Aftermarket? Can you do the work yourself? You can get a decent kit for around $80 and install it yourself or spend about that much again to have it installed for you. As far as gadgets go I think keyless entry is one of the handyest things they have come out with.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

I was planning on doing the work myself. Just wondering what is involved before I get the kit, such as where the module mounts, wiring, etc..

Thanks!

Dennis

Reply to
D. E. Smith