05 300C Sunroof Problem

Has anyone encountered any problems with their sunroof on their 300C sunroof? I recently did and here is the story.

My wife and I bought our 300C last April(2004). Approximately 6 months later I noticed that occasionally the sunroof would not close properly. I would press the auto close button and it wuld reach a certain point and then open back up. On some occasions I could hiyt the button again and it would close properly while other times I would have to hold the button for a manual close. I reported this to our dealer service department and they could find no problem. 6-8 weeks ago it got to be more of a problem. I reported it to the service dept. again and they said it was out of alignment and probably was from the factory. they reportedly re-aligned it and went on my merry way.

Within 3 days of that sevice visit my wife told me that she could here wind blowing thruogh the sunroof while driving down the highway. I took the car back to the service dept. that morning.

By the end of the day they told me that they would have to order parts in for the sunroof but thay had gotten it to close and seal and we could have our car back. but we could not open the sunroof.

It took a week and a half for the parts to come in(somebody dropped the ball at the dealership). I took the car in and they have had it ever since. that has been two weeks.

The dealership told me they sent the car to an outside shop that is an expert in sunroofs and they are having trouble with the repair. They told me that this is the first sunroof problem they have seen for the

300C. They say it is like no other sunroof and therefore I am the guinee pig for the repair.

Finally after two weeks that called and said that the repair shop had all the parts in(they had to make 3 seperate orders for parts) and had them assenbled on a bench and it was working great but when they installed it in the car that it went haywire and was out of commission again. At this point thay said that they were going to get in touch with Chrysler to get help. uh duh I would have done that after one week.

Comments ? ? ?

Questions ? ? ?

Any ideas ? ? ?

no I am not happy with the dealrship and may never take my car back for service

yes we took proper care of the car, i.e. routine service and maint.

all I want is my car back the way it should be.

Reply to
ben829

Check the back of your manuals. You may qualify under the lemon law of your state to get a new car.

Reply to
Art

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

mic canic

"mic canic" wrote: > what a crock when you order sunroof parts for that car more > times than not you get a complete sunroof minus > glass > > ben829 wrote: > > > Has anyone encountered any problems with their sunroof on > their 300C > > sunroof? I recently did and here is the story. > >

*** *** *** UPDATE *** *** ***

Tuesday marked the end of the third week that they have had my car. Monday brought a call from the dealership saying that they had to order another part in and it might be in by Tuesday. Well, it?s Wednesday and guess what I have???? NOT my car!!!! more updates to follow as they come.

ben829

> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

mic canic

"mic canic" wrote: > dude i feel for you > the fact of the matter as i see it is the dealer does not have > a > tech that can fix the dam thing my dealer has me > and bac up person > the car is in service now close to 30 days and that in > michigan means lemon law > you have been extremely nice about it but the time has come to > start calling d.c but be polite and explain all you > know to the rep. > > ben829 wrote: > > > "mic canic" wrote: >  > > what a crock when you order sunroof parts for that > car more >  > > times than not you get a complete sunroof minus >  > > glass >  > >

fyi, In Oklahoma the lemon laws state that there must be 4 attempts to repair and then out of service for 45 days, then they get one more chance to fix it. With that said....

last Thursday the dealer called and said that they had gotten the car back from the 3rd party shop. The dealer said they were not happy with the job that was done. You could hear the motors running. The dealer then said that they would take the sunroof out of a new car to replace ours. This was going to take until Tuesday of this week. Tuesday came and the dealer called to say that the 3rd party shop had broken some mounting clips on the headliner and they were going to replace it as well but they had to remove the front windsheild to do that. It was going to take one more day. Well, it is Friday morning and I still don?t have my car back. Next Tuesday after the holiday will mark SIX weeks that thay have had my car. The only consolation is that we have not had to drive around in a "rental" car. After the first four days I told them that I did not want to drive it, that they needed to get me something more in line with what I am used to. They got me a ?06 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Last week a situation arose that demanded a larger vehicle than tha Jeep and they located a ?05 300 Touring.

Reply to
ben829

"ben829" wrote: > ***************** U P D A T E *********************** > > I'm really using this forum to help keep track of the > events...but by all means please post a comment or reply... > > fyi, In Oklahoma the lemon laws state that there must be 4 > attempts to repair and then out of service for 45 days, then > they get one more chance to fix it. With that said.... > > last Thursday the dealer called and said that they had gotten > the car back from the 3rd party shop. The dealer said they > were not happy with the job that was done. You could hear the > motors running. The dealer then said that they would take the > sunroof out of a new car to replace ours. This was going to > take until Tuesday of this week. Tuesday came and the dealer > called to say that the 3rd party shop had broken some mounting > clips on the headliner and they were going to replace it as > well but they had to remove the front windsheild to do that. > It was going to take one more day. Well, it is Friday morning > and I still don't have my car back. Next Tuesday after the > holiday will mark SIX weeks that thay have had my car. > The only consolation is that we have not had to drive around > in a "rental" car. After the first four days I told them that > I did not want to drive it, that they needed to get me > something more in line with what I am used to. They got me a > '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Last week a situation arose that > demanded a larger vehicle than tha Jeep and they located a '05 > 300 Touring.

Got my car back today. Everything seems to be in order. I will reserve judgement until after a few days.

Reply to
ben829