05 caravan 58k miles - problems

loud clunk from rear - and turn signal fell apart, now hard to turn steering wheel - in at repair - is any of this under factory warrantty? 58K miles

Nice car, but starting to wonder why are we having problems so soon - we had

5 trannys in the last caravan. Rocky
Reply to
Rocky

forgot to mention - check engine light on - local gas station doesn;t have scanner - is this ODB II? they say it's not standard scanner compatable - dealer only? can autozone pull codes?

Reply to
Rocky

I believe that the original warranty is 3 years/36,000 miles, unless the extended warranty was purchased. That's quite a lot of miles for a

2005.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

My brother uses the van a lot on the highway driving to sales calls. turned out to be both rear shocks needed to be replaced - thats odd - no heavy loads. turn signal assembly needed to be replaced. Chrysler must just put minimum grade running gear in to get the vans on the road and not care about reliability - sounds like the old aspen and volare days before the k cars were made.

Reply to
Rocky

I doubt that your experience is typical.

My 2002 Caravan SE, the "strippo" model, now has 73K on it. My only problems have been the sway bar struts and normal brake replacement.

Doug

Reply to
Doug

I'm glad to hear all is well for you. I had talked my brother into buying this van telling him he was better off buying new thatn fixing his old van. He had a bad experience at the dealer and won't go back, so he has been using a local garage for service.

Reply to
Rocky

I have found a VERY honest local shop. They do everything except transmission work - and I have a local shop for that too!

I have no particular need to go to the dealer, and I w>I'm glad to hear all is well for you. I had talked my brother into buying

Reply to
NewMan