07 Caravan SXT Rear Wiper problem.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has seen problems with the rear wiper motor on a '07 Caravan. It is not a premium vehicle, so it has no control other than a rear intermittent wiper button on it (other than washer button, which does squirt fluid when depressed). When it is turned on, the wiper motor activates in the intermittent mode, but only moves about 20% across the rear window each time it is supposed to sweep. It finally gets around the whole window, but in many very small movements. Is this the wiper motor? I'm thinking it is, but would appreciate any input. Van has 75K on it, and has been drivin frequently down interstates in the winter, so could corrosion have taken this motor out, or are they junk?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Reply to
Bill

an 07 with 75,000 on it? man that must be some killer highway mileage.

Reply to
rob

Don't forget, it hit the showroom in ~October 2006--2.75 years X 27000 miles per year would put us there! HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2

well i use my 96 LHS for business and personal, so going from 80,000 miles. when i bought in a year and a half ago to 137,000 now makes since. if the OP is doing something similar then it would sense.

Reply to
rob

I just bought this for $7995 from a local dealer, and it looks next to new. Everyone must have been scared off by the mileage, but it is clean. Definitely used for a business driven up and down the NYS thruway though, but with the price, I'll still be ahead if something goes wrong (like now).

Reply to
Bill