1962 Plymouth Valiant Rear Bumper Search

I just purchased a 1962 Valinat and its rear bumper is bent. Before I start researching places to have it straightened and rechromed, I wanted to check here to see if anyone knows of a supplier or honest salvage yard (preferably in the Houston area) that sells these bumpers. I am not sure how many model years and which MoPar models used this bumper but I assumed it was a few years and used on both the Lancer and Valiant (maybe the early Barracudas as well). Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ivan

Reply to
ivanogburn

I would think that a bumper from any 1960 - 1962 Lancer or Valiant would fit. Some included bumper guards on the front and rear. You may wish to try car-parts.com. A long time ago, there was a salvage yard in rural Missouri that specialized in early Chrysler products. I think the name was "R & R Salvage" if my memory is correct.

It may be just as easy and cost effective to have your current bumper repaired and re-chromed.

-KM

Reply to
kmath50

I just did a quick search on Car-parts.com. There is a place in Nampa, ID called "Jalopy Jungle" that has one. You would need to call for the price.

-KM

Reply to
kmath50

There's a sheet metal place behind Sears on Shepard drive(or was) you might check and see if they are still there. I have bought hoods,grills, etc. there in the past. They sell all new crated imported parts for about the same as a wrecking yard.

Reply to
Joseph Myers

Get one from a junk yard & it will have 40 year old chrome. Have yours redone

Reply to
sqdancerLynn