1964 fury

think it's worth 300 bucks? the guy said it's been sitting for fifteen years, selling for father, claims 50,000 orig miles. is it just me or does that look like a big block in there?

Reply to
fuhgettaboudit02

I'd buy it, just check for rust. Plan on rebuilding anything to do with the brakes and changing all fluids before even thinking about trying to start it, will also need gas tank boiled out most likely and fuel pump and carb rebuilt. Even after all that there's still a chance that you will need to have the motor and/or trans rebuilt, or find other niggling issues. As long as you are prepared for this though and think the car is worth it... can't really tell from the pics but looks like a 2dr hardtop? would still be OK to fix up a little and then sell if you decide it's not for you. Assuming you're OK with doing all the work yourself, that is - don't ever expect to pay a professional to resurrect a barn car for you. I am not an expert (my experience is with the 225 engines) but I think that is likely a polysphere motor, didn't the B/RB engines have the distributor in the front? I bet you figured this out already, but the trans. is an automatic...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Car is a 63, 318 Poly, owned one with a 426 Maxwedge though. These cars have very weak underpinnings, look very closely at the torque boxes behind the subframe and the usual floor issues. I can tell you the sheet metal alone if good is worth more than that, lots of these being resurrected as Maxwege or 383 clones, same with the pushbutton T'flite.

Reply to
maxwedge

Grab it! Getting a title is no big deal... All the standard stuff Nate said applys but even if you don't want to fix / keep it buy it, get a title and put it on e-bay.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

The visible sheet metal is worth several times the asking price, in fact one good fender is worth $300.

Gotta love the "Manual trans with push button shift."

Reply to
John Kunkel

cars looks like a great deal for $300

Reply to
Max Power

Hell yeah, even if its just a parts car. the guy said it's been sitting for fifteen

Its not a big-block, the distributor is in the back. 318 Poly-head.

Reply to
Steve