1968 Dodge Phoenix Covertible

Hi all,

Can anyone tell my the size of tyres on the 1968 Dodge Phonix. Even better if you could tell me where I could find them in Australia.

John Fenn York Western Australia.

Reply to
jlf

The Dodge Phoenix seems to be what they called the Plymouth Fury in Australia.

Suggest you contact the Chrysler Owners Club of Queensland:

They have a member's web page listing their cars. Several list the Phoenix.

Here is a tire-size convertor for old cars:

This might also help:

The 1968 Plymouth Fury / Dodge Phoenix probably came with 14" wheels and a 78 series tire. The original tire was probably specified as X78-14, where X is a letter from A to J and indicates the over-all diameter of the tire mounted to the wheel. Since the Fury wasn't a small car, the letter size was probably E, F or G. The modern radial equivalent would be 205/75-14 or 225/75-14.

See here for more info:

MoPar Man

Any good tyre store. Assuming you have 14" wheels, the original size was G78-14, which convertes to P215/75R14 in today's tyre sizing system.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern