1974 Plymouth Duster

I am looking at buying a 74 plymouth duster. It is run down kind of bad so i am looking at restoring it. i have to replace the back window and 95% of the interior. I am looking at putting a good engine in it. Was is the biggest engine i can put in it. Some one told me a V8 small block is that true or can i get a bigger one?

Reply to
jason83634

The Duster was the Plymouth equivalent of the Dodge Dart/Demon. I believe it could be had from the factory with either the 318 or 340 V8, in addition to the slant 6. I am sure that big blocks were put in them too, with special modification.

If it currently has a six, you will probably need a different "K" member to accomodate a small V-8.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

Shuemaker Creative services ? Makes any kind of engine mount you may need to mount anything from a 6 cyl to a Hemi Year One is a great place for parts to fix your interior

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

Dodge Dart Swinger, 1973...340 "Six Pack". What a car!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Might have been if it ever existed.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Couldn't keep the rear end on the road, though.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

Sorry...Canada Only..

Reply to