1987 LeBaron - Digital Gauges

The digital gauges in my LeBaron start and stop working internittantly. I can start up the car and they would all be out (except sometimes the left- most gauge, the one that displays, DTE, avg mpg, etc) and then 5 miles down the road, they all suddenly light up (though sometimes even the actual mialage will only show "------).

What could be the problem, how would I fix it?

Reply to
W Pepper

Sounds like a bad connection, quite possibly on the printed circuit. Fixing it is simple - finding it is a different story completely.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Find an instrument cluster in a wrecking yard for your LeBaron then swap them. If the problem goes away it's in the old cluster (most likely) If not then it's in the wiring to the cluster.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

If all the gauges go out in the cluster. The cluster is no good. You can send it out thru Chrysler and get an exchange unit for about $300. if you cant find one at the local salvage yard.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

"damnnickname" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

It was intermittant for a while, but the left-most digital guage (the one that displays, avg mpg, etc.) is on and stays on.

Who would know how to look at it and know if it's just a loose wire? What would entail finding this out?

Reply to
W Pepper

If any part of the display is bad or you cannot use the buttons it has to be sent out for repairs

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower