1987 LeBaron Town & Country Wagon, Info Needed Plez

Hello all ! Five days ago I purchased my first ever Chrysler product, a 1987 Chrysler LeBaron Town & Country station wagon. She is beautiful in every way !!! This car has been, up till now, the perverbial *One Owner, Little Ole Lady's* car. The lady bought the car new in '87, and has had it garage stored and seldom run ( 24K miles) every since. I kid you not when I say this car is clean enough to eat off of!! Absolutly 0 rust, interior perfect, exterior perfect. What more could I ask for, eh? Well anysays, she had to go into a care home, and I had the chance to purchase the car, and I jumped at the chance.

It has the Mark Cross leather option, and full power with digital dash and all that. My reason for posting is this: Would someone please be so kind as to point me in the right direction for any online sites where I can get any information about my new *Woody*? I seem to have a very difficult time finding almost any information about it. Matter of fact, the only thing I have found out about is the Mark Cross leather feature, and to tell the truth, I still don't know much about that...even. Search results come up with very very little. I can't even find out who Mark Cross is.. lol Shoot, I can't even find a repair manual for this wagon. The only thing I keep coming up with is a Haynes ( ya, I know..) , but that one is a general one for mid-size chryslers.

So, if anyone has any links to information, photos, forums, ect having to do with my car, I could really use some help here. And if there is anywhere that I could post photos of my new wagon for you's to see, just let me know, and I'll oblige! Many thanks !! :-)

Lee

Reply to
Mumbato

The Mark Cross edition T&C is a beautiful wagon. I had a 1985. Mark Cross is a fashion designer. The LeBaron T&C is just a K car mechanically, referred to as a "superK" or a "C Class" If it has the 2.6 Hemi, change the oil regularly and often, using only a premium grade oil. Synthetic is OK, but not necessary. The timing chain tensioners and countershaft bearings were CRITICAL on that engine. By 1987 they had implemented changes to the countershaft oiling that may or may not have improved that situation. ANY deposit buildup in the chain tensioners could eventually prove fatal - with the extremely long timing chain slapping, breaking guides, and catching on the head or timing cover, tearing off aluminum and depositing the filings in the lubricant.

When I rebuilt the engine in mine (purchased in damaged condition) I modified the balance shaft oiling, and then looked after the oil changes and it lasted till the body fell off. I then sold the engine, and the car it went into 10 years ago was still running a month or two ago.

The "woody" look with the wire wheel covers is a "classic".

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

I have to agree with you, and thanks very much for all the information!!

Lee

Reply to
Mumbato