1987 Voyager V6 Random Stalling

Our 1987 Plymouth Voyager (3.0L V6) has 137K miles on it. It usually starts fine, and runs well. Every once it a while it stalls. It does not run rough, miss, or show any sign of problems - we're driving along and realize the steering is stiff and it is not responding to gas - it has stalled. The check engine light does not come on, and a trip to the dealer showed no stored codes.

It usually starts right back up, but once it a while it is very reluctant to restart. Today we went to the mall, and I tried restarting it just after we turned the car off. It wouldn't start. I checked and found no spark at the plugs.

We let it sit while we were shopping. When we came back, it started after three tries.

It rarely gives us problems after sitting overnight in the garage.

I dislike taking it back to the dealer without a resaonable idea of what might be wrong.

Thanks!

Clear skies, Alan

Reply to
Alan French

Hi. Check the map sensor or its connection. It is situated in the back of the engine on top, You see it easily. Move the wires to see. L.G.R.

"Alan French" a écrit dans le message de news: 46708814$0$17094$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

Reply to
L.G.R.