1988 Jeep Cherokee, tire clearance

I have a 1988 Cherokee with stock height, tires and rims. I am looking at a set of tires and rims in ebay wich are 31x10.50R15LT; I know the rims will fit but will the tires fit my vehicle w/o having to lift it? Let me know? Thanks.

Reply to
JoJo34

Stop by a good tire shop and ask them, but I'm pretty sure the 31's will fit -- it's probably the upper limit though.

Reply to
Marcus

Actually I'm assuming you're doing it for looks or whatever and not for offroading.

Going from, say, 235x75-15's, which are about 29" diameter, you're just going up two inches diameter and something over an inch in width. For street use I think you'd be fine, but the tires will probably have some interference if you're doing some offroading.

Reply to
Marcus