1989/88 Voyager Transmission Swap ???

I have 2 vehicals:

1988 PLYMOUTH GRAND VOYAGER SE

-3.0L V6 EFI/TBI

-3 Speed Auto

1989 PLYMOUTH GRAND VOYAGER LE

-3.0L V6 EFI/TBI

-4 Speed Auto w/ OverDrive

Both have the same V6 Mitsubishi engine. However the '88 SE has the 3 speed auto and the 89' has the 4 speed auto with over drive.

I have heard many different stories saying the transmissions are & are not compatible. I have heard they have the same bolt pattern but the 4spd has a larger bell housing and it is electronic controled so it will not fit or operate in my '88.

Has anyone ever swapped these out or has information on compatibilty?

have found a detailed technical document listing herewith parts and bolt patterns, but no clear YES or NO tomy question.

-Adrian K.

Reply to
Adrian K.