1993 Chrysler 3.0L V6 water pump question

We've been rebuilding the 3L V6 engine in a 93 Plymouth Duster (Sundance). While putting it back together, there are 3 threaded holes close together that I don't seem to have a part for. Standing so you're looking at the front of the engine, one of the holes is on top of the water pump, the other two are slightly to the left, on the alternator bracket. Looking at a friends car with the same engine, it looks like it is just a bracket that connects those three holes - nothing else seems mounted there. Kind of hard to see as the thermostat housing is right above the hole in the water pump, so looking at an assembled engine only helps a little.

Anyone know for sure what goes here?

(It does appear that the hole on top of the water pump goes into the coolant chamber - I've dripped water into this hole and it doesn't fill up, so the water must be going somewhere.)

Reply to
exiledtiger

There is supposed to be a small bracket that attaches the upper water pump assembly to the rear cylinder head. this requires 3-12mm bolts

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower