1993 GRAND CARAVAN AIRBAG LIGHT ON

ANY IDEAS WHAT IS THE MOST LIKELY THING OR THINGS TO LOOK AT? ANYONE HAVE A SERVICE MANUAL FOR THIS VEHICLE ON CD? THANKS.

Reply to
septicman

Is the cruise control and horn inoperative too? If so, it is most likely the *clock spring.* The clock spring is a spiral wound ribbon cable that provides the electrical connections between the steering wheel and column.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

And some models had a recall on it.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Thanks, Frank. Both the horn and speed control work. Any further ideas? Fred

Frank Boettcher wrote:

Reply to
septicman

Reply to
septicman

Could be an open circuit somewhere else in the system, or one of the crash sensors going bad. May require a scan tool to track down.

I have to wonder how air bag systems hold up after 10 or more years without deployment. Will the sensors still trip and the airbag deploy correctly after this much time? I have one going on 17 years now. The airbag light still comes on and turns off when started.

-KM

snipped-for-privacy@pe> Thanks, KM. Both the horn and speed control work. Fred

Reply to
kmatheson