1993 Grand Cherokee 4WD question

My Grand Cherokee 4WD has broken twice in the past two years. The first time, I had it fixed, at great cost, at the local Jeep dealership. No more than 6 months later, it broke again. The front axles/driveshafts things pop! and I'm in two wheel drive with the axles rattling in the front end.

My question: If I have the axle/driveshaft things removed, is the vehicle safe? Would it pass inspection? I get better mileage with it in 2WD, but the noise of the axles rattling is annoying.

Thanks for your help!

David

Reply to
Flooid