1993 Grand Voyager

I am buying a 93 Grand Voyager that is in good shape with 90000 miles. There are three problems that need addressed:

  1. Cruise doesn't work. Besides the fuse what would be the next likely culprit?

  1. Trip computer on overhead does not work. (Nothing is displayed) Again besides fuse what may be the likely culprit?

  2. Shift lever indicator is stuck in Park. I suspect a broken linkage in the steering column. How difficult is this repair?
Reply to
The Murdock's

69GT4spdtrac-loc

What else doesn't work? Horn? Airbag light stay on? I any of these then its the clockspring in the steering column, or someone has had the steering column apart and the connector was not plugged in properly.

Maybe it was out and the cable was not plugged back in so you might have to pull it out to see if it is plugged in.

If the shifter works fine chances are someone has been messing with the steering column, the shift indicator is just a little wire that comes from it and connects to a spot on the column that is hooked to the shift rod. How easy well that all depends on why it isn't working, if the hook on the shift rod is broke then its steering column change, if its the indicator or the wire then you just need a new one as it is a separate part of the instrument cluster REMOVE the NOCRAP in my address to reply.

Reply to
Len

If the shift lever works okay, and just the indicator does not move, the little cable the connects the indicator is most likley broken. On mine, a crease developed in the cable casing, and eventually broke. I was able to put the casing back together using a wire splicing crimp. The cable inside the casing was fine. I removed the plastic moulding under the steering column to gain access.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
Kirk Matheson