Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- 1994 3.3L Intrepid will not start
August 11, 2008, 9:23 am
rate this thread
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
As reported to me, the car was running when the engine suddenly died;
No check engine light at all, even during the initial seconds after
the key is put into the on position
Cam and crank sensors check out good
Coil pack measures good (resistance), no power going to it
No power (8V) to the cam and crank sensors from the PCM, no power to
the coil pack from the PCM
ASD relay and fuel pump relay do not energize when the key is put in
the “on” position.
12V is through the ASD and FP relays in the power distribution block
(engine left side) and goes into terminal 51 of the PCM but they don’t
Engine does crank but no start
Removed all sensor plugs to see if 8V output would come from PCM, it
All fuses are good
Measured 47 ohms to ground on all PCM lines that run to ground
Replaced PCM, no change
Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface
- » Steering failure 300m (While on the subject of power-steering (fluid) for...
- — Newest thread in » Chrysler Cars
- » '02 300M: Change power steering and automatic transmission fluids -- diff...
- — Last Updated thread in » Chrysler Cars
- » Are third party brake switches for VW group vehicles all crap?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Car Maintenance