1994 Chrysler Concorde downshift problem.(air vacuum sensor?

I have been having a rough downshift from 2nd to first....as well as when I go from standing to stepping on the gas lightly and taking it off right away....I get a "lurching, jerking to slow down action." Especially when I put the A/C on...

I have been reading various forums and none I feel address the problem I have been having .... I have recently bought the Concorde after it has been sitting in a shop for over a year... It now has

129,000 miles on it and the engine has been serviced regularly..although I dont feel any of the less known parts have been replaced like sensors or anything along those lines...I have heard this particular car is problematic and some other owners wished they had never bought this model...I have been okay thus far and only have spent money on parts due to wear and tear that seems normal.

Any relevant tips to this problem or "heads up" on future 1994 Concorde specific warnings will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! Thanx..

Reply to
STREETL1FE

Some background: Your car may still have ATF+3 in it unless it's been changed. You should have been changing the fluid periodically. To get a more complete changeout to ATF+4, you will need more than just a simple pan drop (system holds 10 qts. - pan drop only replaces 4 to 5 qts.). ATF+4 is superior to ATF+3.

Also, Chrysler went thru a few revisions of the firmware to tweak that kind of problem out of the 42LE. There was one update that my Concorde needed for the exact same problem, and it fixed it for good - and mine's a '99.

Try the following in the order given (checking to see if problem resolved after each step - stop when problem resolved): (1) Reset TCM (by pulling its fuse for 5 minutes) (2) Fluid filter change (3) Reset TCM (4) Update TCM firmware to latest revision (pay dealer to do this - anywhere from $60 to $140 depending on dealer).

Bill Putney