1994 Eagle Talon DL control arm replacement?

1.8 L front wheel drive. Just failed annual inspection for tieron and ball joint. I can replace the tie rod but question about the ball joint. Haynes manual says the ball joint is not replaceable - have to change the whole control arm. Is this true. Can I change the ball joint by myself (somewhat handy with tools - I replace a front wheel bearing with tools I have at the house). Any assistance/hints would be appreciated.
Reply to
Lurker

mic canic

Ball joint coverage started about '95 and I don't think it covered 1.8 liter Talons. I didn't have to replace the control arm, I replaced the ball joint $26.00 from parts america. Haynes and Chilton are sometimes wrong.

Reply to
Lurker

Reply to
mic canic