1995 Concorde 3.5 Cold start problem

When the temp drops below 40deg F, it won't start. Been chasing this for year and about out of ideas.There no codes. Once it is started it runs great and after the first start of the day, it will start all day long. If you hold the throttle wide open, sometimes it will sputter and start and appears to be rich and will run normally once running. Took it to the dealer for computer trouble shooting nothing but $45.00 for the hookup no problems they could find. I have checked or replaced the following: All vacuum hoses Ck'd the electrical connections Replaced both 02, MAP, Intake air sensors and cleaned the butterfly and injectors. Throttle position and idle speed motor cks out electrically.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply to
Dodgem33

maxpower

Reply to
mic canic

I'm having a similar problem with a 93 3.3 Please let us know if the coolant temperature sensor replacement solved your problem.

thanks, Nick

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =-----

Reply to
ncs

Reply to
maxpower

I had a similar problem on the first start of the day but it wasn't related to temperature. I have 3.3L 94 Concorde and the problem turned out to be a fuel pressure sensor that was easy and inexpensive to replace. I would occasionally smell raw gas as it was leaking backwards into the intake. The short rubber hose connected to it was also in bad shape from age and needed replacement. I didn't have an error code displayed on this problem either.

Hope this might help.

Dave

Reply to
Dave A.