1995 Plymouth Voyager Transmission question

Hi, I have a 1995 Grand Voyager, almost 200,00 miles. The transmission has gone out twice (second time replacement just under warrantee)- now it's suddenly going again. Needless to say - I do not wish to replace it but would like it to last a few more months before junking it. My stepfather picked up some Lucas Transmission Fix Stops Slip, but cannot find the drain plug for the transmission since he needs to drain some out to put this stuff in. I cannot find the user manual. If anyone knows where one is posted online, or knows where the drain plug would be located, please reply.

Thanks

Reply to
M.Rustopoulis

there is no drain plug

Reply to
God

This will not work. It will cause the transmission to fail sooner, not later.

There is none.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

No drain plug on these and if you are using anything but ATF+3 in a 4 speed automatic OR using additives then you probably just answered why they are failing. You may also want to check and be sure it is not the controller.

Reply to
PC Medic

The ony thing you can possibly do that might extend it's life is to do a complete fluid flush. See here:

Read:

"Ultradrive (41TE) transmission fluid flush"

However, ignore the blurb that the site inserted from Carl H., Rochester, MI regarding the cooler line reversal. The factory service manual, page 7-19, clearly designates the TOP oil cooler nipple as the INLET and the BOTTOM oil cooler nipple as the RETURN. The routing should be as I indicated in the article. Carl's explanation is rediculous anyway as when the engine is cold the thermostat is closed and the radiator is not hot.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

"M.Rustopoulis" wrote

Chrysler trannies have adaptive clutches - the computer detects slip and orders up more hydraulic pressure. My guess is that yours is gone too far for anti-slip stuff to work.

Auto transmissions are wear items - most of them will eventually break down (heavy-duty designs not-withstading).

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

How often should we be flushing the 41TE tranmissions?

-- Jeff Wieland

Reply to
Jeff Wieland

Reply to