1995 Voyager half shaft woes

1995 Plymouth Voyager, 3.0 ltr, 144,000 miles

inner CV joint shredded, went to replace half shaft, cannot get shaft to pull out of trans!! I have pryed, pulled cussed and yanked. I have replaced half shafts before, never anything like this.

Reply to
paulthetwo

I assume that you have removed the nut from the bearing, separated the strut from the lower ball joint, and pulled the struct clear of the shaft. There really shouldn't be anything else holding it.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

I've seen rust get started in there, at which point getting the half-shaft out resemebled the OP's description pretty closely. Swearing louder seemed to be just about the only thing that helped.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer