1996 Caravan 3.0 Litre spark plug gap

Can anyone tell me what the spark plug gap measurement should be for a 1996 Caravan (3.0 Litre V6)?

Thanks

Reply to
Morgan Perry

Can anyone tell me what the spark plug gap measurement should be for a 1996 Caravan (3.0 Litre V6)?

Thanks

Reply to
Morgan Perry

Look at the sticker under the hood.It should tell you what you need to know.

Reply to
THE HITMAN

Reply to
mic canic
0.044"

Ken Peterson

Too much antiseize can be a problem, but on an Aluminum head engine I'd rather take that chance than have the plugs seize in between changes and have to pull the heads. A light wipe of good antiseize is good insurance.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

I doubt that the antisieze can do much to affect the spark. Even if the stuff was a superior insulator, the intimate contact of the threads would displace it to where it's probably angstroms thick. Even with real insulators, the withstanding voltage is always determined by the thickness of the stuff. Keep in mind that we are talking about, what? 25 or 30 KV?

Even if it could insulate the threads, it would not likely insulate the area around the shoulder and the inside of the combustion chamber. Then the energy would be distributed across the plug shoulder to chamber "gap" in series with the electrode gap. One is virtually zero and the other is set to so many tens of thousands of an inch. This should create a pretty reasonable spark across the gap, which is what is intended.

You probably drop a greater voltage across the resistance in the wire intended to suppress radio frequency noise than you ever would across a layer of anti-sieze.

Sounds like an urban legend to me. I would strongly suggest following the manufacturer's advice about dissimilar metals and using the anti-sieze. A little dab will do ya!

Ken

Reply to
KWS