1996 Caravan stalling problem

I have a 96 Caravan that recently started stalling. Codes 12 21

55.....oxygen sensor has since been replaced and codes cleared. However, the van is still stalling, and no codes are showing up. It stalls while driving, the van just dies out and takes 1 to 3 min to restart. I can drive it for hours and no stalling and then all of a sudden it will stall. I have brought it to 4 mechanics and none of them can figure out the problem. Please help! Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Reply to
troubledone

If you have the 3.3 or 3.8, I would suggest checking the camshaft and crankshaft sensors. Also, has the fuel pump and fuel filter been checked?

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
Kirk Matheson

If you have the 3.3 or 3.8, I would suggest checking the camshaft and crankshaft sensors. Also, has the fuel pump and fuel filter been checked?

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
Kirk Matheson

Assuming that everything else is in proper running order (i.e. no fuel or ignition faults) it has been my experience that stalling is most likely caused by a sporadically malfunctioning computer control module. Contrary to what the manufacturers claim, these devices are finicky and prone to misbehave because they are expected to perform flawlessly in every kind of weather conditions. The computers are manufactured with cheap materials and can be expected to fail sometime during the life of the engine. Unfortunately, these are also very expensive replacements.

Reply to
Vanguy