1996 G.Caravan not shifting into gear

Good Morning,

My 1996 G. Caravan V6 3ltr.-automatic (106,000 miles) Has been a very good reliable van.

This happened 3 times: Once about 2 weeks ago (can't remember the temp) and for the last 2 nights it has been about (15 to 10 degrees) I started the van, let it warm up, put it in reverse-back up-put it in drive drive a few feet then- nothing- it's like the van is in neutral but its in drive. So I put it in park, then back to drive-nothing-back to park-back to drive and I feel it "catch" go a few feet, then same thing, then it works fine for the rest of the day. It has happened three times on cold mornings, so any advice is welcomed. I'm very afraid I'm going to get stuck like that somewhere. Thank you for reading. Momma

Reply to
Altemomma

You need to check the ATF fluid level per the owner's manual instructions.

If "full" (your symptoms are typical when the fluid level is low - but take care not to overfill), then when was the fluid AND FILTER last changed? Was the correct fluid (Chrysler ATF+3 or newer ATF+4) used as REQUIRED?

Good luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman