1996 LHS

I am getting a used 1996 LHS in a couple of days. Any hidden gotchas or recalls on this model that I should know about??? Car seems to have no problems except for a few very minor cosmetic details. The Radio is the Infinity sound system with CD and the display did not light up when I took the test drive so I could not see what I was tuning. Also the A/C seems to be working but not at full charge. Can I service the unit without taking it to a shop?? Any links where I can get parts for this car?? I am looking to get the little parts that would make this car look "brand new" again. It needs the "S" on one side of the rear for "LHS" and the shaft of the windshield wiper control is not shinny black anymore.

Thanks for any and all info Lloyd

Reply to
Stone

Nice car but several gotchas.

Several recalls that should be verified. My 94 had fuel system, seat back and suspension recall. Also a power seat customer satisfaction repair.

I would get the AT fluid replaced with the right fluid unless you are sure it is the right stuff inside. Check the manual for spec.

Sometimes people think engine mounts are going. Usually it is the rear transmission mount instead.

gotchas or

Reply to
Art Begun

There's a guy on Ebay who proclaims to fix the radio displays in these for cheap. You might look on there for him. Also, the A/c is R134A so if you think you know about A/c systems give it a whirl. Just remember that a rebuilt Napa compressor costs $300. If you overcharge the a/c you'll probably blow the seal on it. Also, they had problems with the evaporators on these inside the dash. It's a big job to fix and a PIA. I wouldn't worry too much about the S. Or the Wiper control stalk. They all do this. Just put some black shoe polish on it and don't worry about it. It's the plastic that is discolored. If you drive this car for a while you'll have plenty of other things to spend your money on.

Steve m... (94 LHS 108k)

Reply to
Steve m...