1996 Neon Engine?

Did the 1996 Neon only come with the 2.0 engine in it? What other engine was available if any? Are they any good?

I found a '96 Neon with only 110 000Km on it and was wondering if it would be a decent car to buy?

RM

Reply to
69Rocketman

Excellent car to buy, I have a 1995 with 240,000km and I know someone with one that has over 300,000km. 2.0 SOHC and 2.0 DOHC were the only engines.

Reply to
Chris & Mary

Thanks a lot Chris (or Mary)

Any one else have an opinion?

Reply to
69Rocketman

Great value, as long as you check to make sure the head gasket has been replaced- all Neons and Cirrus/Stratus/Breeze 2.0 and 2.4 L engines from 95

5o 98 1/2 model years had bad head gasket problems. If the head gasket has been replaced, it should be ok, we still have a 97 that runs great.

Good luck.

SRG

Reply to
SRG

I had a 96 neon. Those are the only 2 engines. 2.0 SOHC being base engine,

132HP, not too bad for the class.

Check to see if the headgasket was replaced already. If not it will go and can be costly. Unless you argue with chrysler for hidden warrentee. The air conditioner is poorly designed and fails a lot. Back brakes can be loud. If properly greased problem disappears. We also had a headlight switch start to go and had internal arcing. Same switch used in the K car that caught on fire once. Windows can leak and it can be loud.It is fun to drive and cheap to own. Overall I like the car. I do however like 2000+ a lot more.

What price and equipment does the car have?

Reply to
Bill 2

Reply to
Richard Ehrenberg