1996 Stratus radiator drain plug -- what size wrench?

I am trying to drain and flush the cooling system on a '96 Stratus. The Chilton's manual says to use a socket wrench with a universal joint, but it does not say what size. The largest I have are 3/4" and 19mm, but they are not big enough. Can somebody tell me the correct size; I don't want to have to buy a bunch of them just to get the right size by trial and error.

Note: the drain valve does not have a hex head, just a straight-across "handle," but it is very difficult to get at.

Or is there a better way?

-=- Alan

Reply to
Alan Beagley

Well, blow me down . . . I was looking at the Chilton's manual again -- and found that they had inserted the word "19mm" while I wasn't looking! Doh! (And in the meantime I had discovered that by suitable jiggling I was able to get a 3/4" socket (near enough the same) to fit. Unscrewing it far enough to let coolant drain out is another story, however.

-=- Alan

I wrote:

Reply to
Alan Beagley