1996 T&C Power Door Lock System

Hello all-

Hope you can help with my problem. My 96 Town & Country Door locks work fine with the remote key fob. They work fine with the interior switches. When I use the lock cylinder on either front door, they re-lock themselves. I often try 3-to-5 times before they will stay unlocked & allow me to enter the vehicle. This only happens with the front doors. When I unlock with the key @ the liftgate, they function normally. Any ideas, or is this going to cause me a trip to the dealer??

Thanks- Jug

Reply to
Jug

This happened with my '96 T&C after I replaced the left outside door handle. When the fuel module finally bit the dust and it was at my dealer I mentioned this to my service writer. Turned out to be a faulty disarm switch, FP Number

4687619-AB - Switch DO 8053002 - Cost $28.03, Labor $147.75, Sub-Total $175.78, minus discount $17.58, for a total of $158.20. Hope this helps. RP
Reply to
RPhillips47

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks for the info-- Anyone have more info on this switch? Is it something that is in each door, under the dash or??? I'm sure I could change it out myself if it doesnt require any type of "programming" equipment. This group rocks!! Eric

Reply to
Jug

Reply to
maxpower