1996 Town & Country Blinkers

My blinkers stopped working about a week ago. Didn't work for a few days then started working again. Once the vas has been started, if the blinkers work, they will continue to work until the van is shut off. Then when started again, they usually don't work. The 4-way flashers work without a problem. I was told that the 4-ways and the blinkers are housed in the same module. Anyone have an idea of what to look at? Thanks

Reply to
BruceMan
**Update** My wife just came back from driving 100 miles and said the blinkers started working the last couple miles after stopping to drop off a friend (the engine remained on).
Reply to
BruceMan

I think the multifunction switch is probably your problem, they were known for trouble.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Sounds familar. I had my multifunction switch replaced due to ghosting wipers a long time ago. My left turn signal quit working recently and I found the blinker module half out of the fuse block, sort of hanging there. Pushed it back in. Had one more instance of no left turn signal, like maybe the thing missed that particular malfunction. I checked the fuse block and all was tight. No more problems since.

Reply to
M. Blomquist