1997 Dodge Caravan

Today I had a battery and cables put in and on the way home I noticed that the tiny lights on my accesserys,van fan ,rear wiper,etc were blinking.They still worked but didnt stop blinking while I drove.I have heard I have to drive about 50 miles before my engine computer figures itself out.What is the scoop on this?

Reply to
Gary

check the cables to make sure they are tight......on both ends.

Reply to
rob

Blinking lights may have something to do with calibration of the heating/cooling system airflow door mechanism. Try a search for Caravan A/C calibration.

Reply to
QX

The HVAC controls need to be recalibrated. This happens if the battery is disconnected while the ac or fan is in the on position. It's annoying but not serious. Try the following procedure:

Set Blower motor ON HIGH

Set Mode position to Panel

Open all A/C outlets

Set Temperature to Cold (Both slide pots if equipped)

Depress WASH and REAR WIPER button simultaneously for 5 Seconds (Until all LED's light)

RESULTS:

All LED's will turn on for 5 Seconds

Calibration Test is running when REAR WIPER and INTERMITTENT are alternately flashing. Cooldown test is running if A/C and RECIRC are alternately flashing.

Acceptable results is REAR WIPER LED is the only LED flashing. Push Rear Wiper to exit.

If that doesn't work try to run the sequence with slightly increased RPM's (put your foot on the gas a little). Also there is a forum on the web called dodgetalk.com. I hope this is helpful!

Reply to
Angell

Thanks for your help.I will try and get it going in a day or so.

Reply to
Gary

The blinkers go out at times of high speed and stay out untill I shut the car off.Then they start again when I start the engine.It appears it doesnt hurt anything so I may wait until I have a different reason to visit the mechanic.

Reply to
Gary