1997 Intrepid Transmission Problem

Help anyone. I have a 1997 Dodge Intrepid ES 3.5. Last week, out of the blue I got error code 740 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Malfunction. The car has

163K on it and the fluid has been changed every 25K with the proper fluid and filters. I took it to the dealer who replaced the TCC Selonoid to the tuneof $400. I did not even get home and the light is on again with the same code. They can not get it back in for over a week. They told me it was ok to go ahead and drive it. It does shift ok and the fluid is not getting dark, yet! I have had a ton of electrical problems with wiring on this car. I tried tracing wires today and I could not find anything. I have the Haynes Manual for the car but there are not Transmission wiring or test information. Can anyone give me some clues to look for until I can get it back in?

Thanks,

Dan

Reply to
Lewis11561

Dan;

First, keep yourself warm by burning the Haynes manual. Thats about all Chiltons and Haynes manuals are good for.

Second, get the FSM for the car. Ebay is a possible source.

Check out dodge> Help anyone. I have a 1997 Dodge Intrepid ES 3.5. Last week, out of the blue

Reply to
Mike Behnke