1997 LHS rear brake lights

I found out this morning that both L&R rear brake lights are out.

The 3rd rear brake light (the one in the rear window) still works...

I checked the 20 AMP fuse for the brake lights and is good.

Any ideas/suggestions?

I think both lights went out at the same time, but I can't be certain.

Reply to
katherat

PS: I will be pulling the bulbs in question tonite to check, but wanted to get this message up... Looks like access to the bulbs is a pain...?

Reply to
katherat

I believe the tail light bulbs should be fairly easy to access. This should be a 5 minute job once you see how the plastic tail lense is removed. I have a Dodge Intrepid, but believe the procedure is identical for all the LH vehicles. (There were three large plastic wing type nuts on the Intrepid that needed to be removed by hand from inside the trunk.)

Good luck.

Bob

PS: I will be pulling the bulbs in question tonite to check, but wanted to get this message up... Looks like access to the bulbs is a pain...?

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Bob,

You were exactly right.

Turns out both bulbs were dead.

The wing nuts make it fast and easy.

I used a Club propped against the brake pedal to test, since nobody was around to assist.

Thanks,

Tom

Reply to
katherat

As apposed to..................the front brake lights?

Just kidding. I'm thinking that they burned out at different times. How did you discover out they were burned out?

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

As opposed to the center rear brake light, or the dashboard brake light ? It did occur to me that it might be redundant when I wrote it...

I discovered that they were both out by means of the po-lice...

You would think they could've told me when only one was out...I don't know what they were waiting for.

Reply to
katherat

Looking for DUIs.

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

It was about 10:30 AM, and no ticket issued...

Reply to
katherat

Is it their job to maintain YOUR car?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

It was a joke...

Reply to
katherat

No, it's their job to force you to maintain your car.

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

Good answer!

Actually, given the level of taxation, maybe they _should_ provide maintenance !

Reply to
katherat