1997 voyager oil usage

I have a 97 voyager 3.3 engine it has 80k miles on it i change the oil every 3k miles and it uses a quart of oil between oil changes it has done since i bought it and it had 30k on it at the time . the vhicle dont smoke or leak oil. is this normal anyone with the same problems thanks edd

Reply to
edd1973

one american quart of 5W30 every 3000 miles sounds about right.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Reply to
jdoe

Reply to
mic canic

My 96 has used a quart about every 3,000 miles since I bought it when it had 34,000 on it. It recently started using a quart every 1,000 or so. I just had the PCV valve replaced and, while too soon to be sure, it appears the consumption of oil has dropped quite a bit. You may want to change the PCV if it is the original unit.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

I have a 1997 Grand Caravan with the 3.3 and 40K miles on the clock...the consumption is barely noticeable...the stick still reads darn near full when I take it in for it's oil change.

Reply to
James C. Reeves