1998 Chrysler Neon Brakes/ABS problem

My brakes become applied without the pedal being pressed. This doesn't always happen but is usually evident within 1 mile of starting. The brake pedal become hard to press, the car changes gear and the wheels get hot. This will usually recover when the engine is switched off for a few minutes. I think it is the ABS giving problems and I'd like to disable it but don't know if removing the fuse in the pack near the battery will have any other effects.

Anyone got any suggestions please

Colin

Reply to
Colin Grayson

Well it isn't the ABS!! I took the fuse out which disabled the ABS without apparently having any effect on anything except that the ABS light was lit after a few seconds. I guess it must be something wrong with the power assist and the master servo arrangement.

I'm still open to any ideas.

Colin

Reply to
Colin

Maybe that lever/handle, with the button on the end, located between the seats, . . . . . or the cables attached thereto, located allong the undercarriage??

. . . . . just in case you hadn't thought of that!!

God Bless, Dan'L

Fun to Read:

Dan Larsen

Unfortunately I haven't been able locate a workshop manual to see the braking system layout but my problem is only with the front brakes and I believe that the lever/handle only has effect on the rear brakes - good thought though and maybe relevant yet.

thanks

Colin

Reply to
Colin