1998 Dodge Stratus transmission cooler lines

I need to determine where the transmission leak is on this vehicle. It is leaking from the radiator area.

If I remove the *upper crossmember,* will I be able to access where the transmission cooler lines connect to the radiator? There does not seem to be a lot of room to see it from above or below.

I am hoping that re-positioning the lines and re-clamping them will fix this problem.

Thanks,

KM

Reply to
KirkM

Looks like my Stratus has an external cooler that is connected in line with the radiator cooler. That is what is leaking.

It's a $240 part from Chrysler. Alldata shows implementations with an without the external cooler. Was there an extra package that included this cooler?

I will look into replacing it with an aftermarket, if there is one that will fit.

Thanks,

-KM

Reply to
KirkM