1998 Neon Sport Brake Light Problem

Hi, I have the following problem with the brake lights on my 1998 Neon Sport(SOHC) 4 door Sedan.

1.) When the brake pedal is depressed, the brake lights do not light up. 2.) The night-time rear running lights work fine. 3.) The rear turn signals work fine. 4.) The hazard lights work as if activating right and left turn signal simultaneously. 5.) The center brake light does not activate when the brake pedal is depressed. 6.) The center brake light does not activate when the hazards are activated.

I suspect moisture may have leaked into the light system when I hosed down the car today at a car wash. The vehicle was inspected last week, so this problem most likely began today; as it would not have passed inspection without the rear brake lights activating properly.

Reply to
stratusxh

I know this is obvious, but have you checked the fuses? If the water leaked into the electrical system, it may have caused a short that blew a fuse. Once it dries out, you can replace the fuse and get your brake lights back.

Reply to
hawktoo

Yup, checked all bulbs, fuses, and the little switch behind the brake pedal, all seem to be in working condition.

Reply to
stratusxh