1998 Voyager

I own a 1998 Voyager UK spec, recently when driving it judders and the revs drop for a second and then continues ok, the battery light sometimes comes on when this happens, my husband has checked the alternator etc and the battery is ok, anyone out there with any similar probs! or info? Ta

Reply to
Nic34

When you say the battery is OK, how did he check that? Is it old? Batteries can develop occasional internal shorts as they get older and plates loosen or they accumulate crud. Sometimes even new ones can do that. This won't normally show up on a test. The only way to be sure is buy or borrow another battery and see if the problem goes away.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Dave Gower

I'll bet it's the ASD relay (Auto Shut Down) , when the contacts get old, they corrode and don't pass full voltage to the ignition coil and the fuel pump circuit. It's intermittent and maddening. You can check by putting a voltmeter on the positive terminal of the coil and see if it gets full battery voltage while running. Other symptoms are a fuel pump that changes pitch intermittently, making you think the pump is bad, but is really fluctuating voltage. This happened on my '91. Cheap to fix, though.

Reply to
icesynth2