1999 Caravan : Spare Tire Stuck

Hi Folks,

Please let me know if there is any trick to getting the spare tire off. When I crank it down, only the cable comes down. The t-bar that holds the tire on is stuck to the mechanism above it. It is loosely held in there. It wobbles around, but won't come down.

Thanks in advance, Roger

Reply to
Roger

You can try to crank it up real tight, really really tight much tighter than it was, then let it out and when the tire stops coming down, let a bit more out then use a pry bar on the tire, let a bit more out, pry it some more, and repeat the process.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Reply to